Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Its' plastic, you nut case...

Fred Green: "I think my cats have a dying wish; they are suicidal, in my opinion. Tom and Jerry will be 11 years old this coming October, 60 years, in human years. All during that time I have tried my best to put things up and keep things off the floor so those dummies don’t eat it or destroy it.
I use to have flowers, in my house. When they were kittens they started to eat the plants and flowers. All flowers and plants are now plastic. I use to let them out of the house and let them roam the backyard, under my watchful eye for a few minutes and I was fine with that.
One day, as I was rushing out of the house, going to a wedding, I left the house door open and forgot to close the garage door. I was gone about six hours. My son got to my house earlier and called me and told me what was going on and he said he couldn’t find the cats.
When I got home Jerry was upstairs in my bedroom, but I could not find Tom. I went out on the deck and saw a pair of glowing eyes peeking at me. He decided that he wasn’t coming in. After a half an hour I just put a bowl of cat food out and he came to it. That was five years ago. Now, they don’t go outside at all, anymore.
That brings me to today. When I came downstairs today I noticed that one of the cats had thrown up. In that mess was two inches of green string. Actually, that thick string that I used to keep my eyeglasses wrapped around my neck. Funny thing, they had been playing with that string for the last year or so. They would drag it around the house, or drag it into the kitchen and drop it into their bowls.
I am glad one of them threw it up. I don’t want a sick cat on my hands right now. The sad thing, a couple of weeks ago, as I came downstairs, the first thing in the morning, I saw more throw up on the carpet. This time, though, there was part of chewed up plastic bag in the pile of goop.
I have no idea how they got hold of a plastic bag. I make sure that there are no plastic bags where they can get their tiny paw on. Yesterday I found a chewed up piece of plastic. Now I have to do double duty to make sure they don’t find plastic and the strings are out now. No more play time with string.
Like I said, I don’t need a sick kitty on my hands right now, because if anything, bad, where to happen I don’t think I have a box big enough to bury them in."



'via Blog this'

No comments: