Saturday, September 03, 2016

In the heat of the night...wait, what?


It getting to the end of summer and it is getting cooler, most nights. The last two days it has gotten down into the 50s, well, last night it was only 47 degrees. I usually keep my window open and the fan going, also. But, last night I turned the fan on to just the No.1 setting, the lowest. I usually have it on high, but, only because it has been the hottest summer on record.

Of all these summer days and nights, I usually don’t see my cats, Tom and Jerry until the morning and it’s usually just Tom. He tries to wake me up about 6 am, my alarm goes off at 7 am. For whatever reason, I would wake up about that time and Tom would try his best to get me out of the bed by slapping me in my face, until I roll over and face away from his attacks. Jerry, on the other had would sit on the floor and then jump on the bed when I throw the cover off of me.

Yesterday, though, I got into bed about 12:20 am or so and curled up under my blanket to end my day and fall off into dream world. Five minutes or so later, Tom jumped onto my bed and curled up next to my legs. Two minutes or so after that Jerry decided that he was sleeping with, on me too, and he curled up way to close to my face.

For whatever reason he sometimes lays, face first and usually putting his paws on my arm, digging his claws into my flesh every now and then. Tom, on the other hand, likes to lay over the edge of the bed with his butt near my face and tail beating my in the face.

Anyway, around two o’clock it started to get cold. Now, I lay on my back most of the time and this time Tom decided to lay in between my legs. That meant I couldn’t roll over without kicking him off the bed. On top of that he was laying on the extra blanket I had covering my feet. I was just covered with a blanket and a top sheet and I was starting to feel the cold. But, since I didn’t want to wake that darn cat I just fell back to sleep, cold does that to you.

This past night I thought way ahead and pulled the comforter onto the rest of the bed. I wasn’t going to be cold this night. I again turned on the fan and the window was opened, I do this so the cats can watch whatever is going on all night long. Anyway, I noticed Tom sitting on the ledge looking out of the window, not at all interested in me. As I laid there, under my three blankets I started to get hot, even with the fan on and the window open. That was strange.

A few minutes later I heard Tom jump down from the window ledge and then jump onto the bed. He took his usual position, next to my legs and curled up trying to find that heat coming off of my body. Jerry joined in a few minutes later. 

This morning I heard that it got down to 47 degrees! It’s that time of the year where the temperature will drop day after day. Checking the news, weather, it’s going to be in the 80s next week. Right now it’s 73, even though it feels warmer, well warmer in the sun. It’s bright sunny day today, Great Football weather.


It shouldn’t be to cool tonight, I just checked, only 57 degrees, not bad, unless you like laying in bad with your cats snuggles between your legs and the other cat with its butt near your face. But, I will be warm.

No comments: