Friday, September 09, 2016

Dreaming...

Dreaming…

My father, many, many years ago, labeled me a “Dreamer”. I made the mistake of sitting around and dreamt about everything that popped into my mind; usually my dreams were of science fiction. I watched as many SF movies as I could, considering; going to a movie, in those days was only 25 cents. Those dreams, though, got me to write science fiction stories. I don’t regret those dreams.

In recent years, I still dreamt bad and good, more on the bad later. However, for instant, I have always had that dream I would win 10 million dollars, still hasn’t happen, but I keep that dream in the back corner of my mind. I do remember seeing a computer, at Best Buy, and told myself, that was the computer I wanted! I had never seen a one piece computer before and it was the...one.

Nearly 10 years ago, I started doing surveys’ online and for a long time I never won anything. I would just accumulate points in order to get gift cards, and that was fine, ten bucks here, ten bucks there…I purchased a ton of Apple gift cards and music. Six years ago, I got an email from an unknown person; the note read that I had won a computer. I kind of ignored the note for a couple of days, then, I got another email from the same person.

So, the note said, call this person to verify who I am. I did one better and Googled the company and asked for that person. She told me that I indeed won a computer, the one I had seen at Best Buy, the year before. She mentioned to me that she wished that more people would call.

Anyway, in the years following, I have won more gift cards and a 55-inch Sony flat screen Boob tube, and more gift cards. However, as of today, I have not won anything in the Lottery, still dreaming about that though. And, I am still dreaming about my perfect, dream woman – not really, but it pops up every now and then.


The Bad, well, not all that bad. I remember dreaming about having a crash while I was driving and it had happened a few times in my adult life. Years ago, I remember dreaming about my brother and I heard him screaming, “Freddy, Help me, Help me!” A few days later, I heard he was in New York; he had been attacked and was in the hospital. I also remember a friend, who lives in Boston told me she was flying to Chicago the next day. That night, for whatever reason, I dreamt about a plane crashing. The next day was 9/11.

Not all of my dreams have been that bad or devastating. One thing, or dream I have, more often than not, as I am washing the dishes, (yes, I still wash my dishes by hand, even though I have a dishwasher), I always, as I am washing one particular knife, a large butcher knife, think that I might drop that thing on my foot. That has been going on as long as I have had that butcher knife and or have been washing the dishes.

Today it happened. I dropped a knife onto my foot. Now I won’t have to think about that anymore, because it happened and it’s over. I am just thankful that it was a butter knife!


No comments: