Sunday, May 13, 2018

Working hard or hardly working...and kittens!


I went out, today, to get my cats, Tom and Jerry, some treats. While in the store the youngster, at the cash register, mentioned I could come at work at the store, if I wanted to work. I had mentioned that I do not work anymore.

I thought about that for a hot second. She also mentioned that I did work for the pet store I could get a free kitten, considering, I already have two cats. What am I going to do with another cat? Even though my cats will be 13 years old this coming…I’m guessing September or October.

But, no. No work and no more cats, for now. It’s bad enough that the two I have now act like they want to kill each other. Feeding time, friends. Being in the same room, death to the…but, I digress.

That got me thinking. I had realized that including working as a paperboy for about three year, working as a fry cook at a local burger joint, working in a mattress factory for the summer, working at Chrysler for a summer, and of course, working at Ford for 3 decades, I have worked for 50 (not exact) of my 65 years! That’s not including working around the house; I had a ton of chores to do and the work I did for the neighbors.

Now, why in the world would I want to work for anyone ever again? Well, maybe for some extra gas money or to travel out of the country, like I use to when I was working.

But, no. I don’t think that will ever happen. I worked hard over those five decades and now it is time for me to take it easy, as I have for the last 12 years, coming up as of July first. Even though retirement is okay, I still have time to relax when I want to. To be honest, heck, every day! (Every day is Saturday, except Sundays and holidays and of course my birthday). 


What I have been doing on the last 12 years, I work as hard as I want to or I should say as hard as it takes to write a novel! That is as hard as I ever want to work again. Considering, writing a novel is hard, very hard work. I did finish my last novel this past March. I am now in the process of writing the second draft and that is time consuming and blowing my mind. It is hard work, to say the least, and I really enjoy writing, always have and always will.


But, no. I will not be working at the pet store, I wouldn’t mind bartending, I enjoyed that when I did, way back in the distant past. Nevertheless, I’m fine and I will survive. I just hope my fingers don’t give out in the meantime, because I have 30 or so books I want to write.
As for getting another cat…I’m thinking about it!

No comments: