Friday, August 11, 2017

Echo Dot, do you hear me now?


Fred Green: "I guess I should give up drinking: I have an Alexa Echo Dot in my kitchen and two others around the house. The wake word is "Computer" for the two others, and Alexa for the Kitchen Dot. I went into the kitchen and wanted to turn on the coffee-maker, I yelled, "Computer, brew coffee." nothing happened, so I went over to it and yelled into the darn thing, "brew coffee".

Nothing. I proceed to unplug it, then plug it back in, gave it a command, nothing. I was thinking it was going deaf and I was going to write a review on Amazon and tell them this thing died after 3 months.
I had to push the button to turn on the coffee pot and turn on the light in the kitchen. A couple hours later I realized that I was supposed to say, "Alexa, brew coffee". I kept saying "Computer" and of course it ignored me. I really gotta quit drinking..."



'via Blog this'

No comments: