Monday, December 11, 2017

Ecobee3 Lite Wi-Fi Thermostat

I purchased my Ecobee3 lite, this past August and installed it on September first. My bills are fairly normal, September - October, $19. October - November $26. I just got my Nov. - Dec. bill -- $96! That's $30 more than the last 2 years. And, my Old Thermostat, which was over 14 years old, would run for a few hours to heat the house to 70 degrees. And, it would run for at least an hour to keep it at 70.
I retired 11 years ago and have kept my temp the same as I was working, on at 6am, off at 8am. Then On at 3pm and off at 11pm.  With my Ecobee3 lite, I keep the upper number at 69. This things says that I should save $42 per year...I am guessing if I never turn it on it just might.
All in all, I like this thermostat (because of the new tech surrounding it and working with it.). I will have to see what happens for the Dec. - Jan. bill, which, at the beginning of 2017, was only $138 and the next month was $122.

I am guessing that I have to read more on how to program my Ecobee3 lite and maybe get some of those additional sensors to help manage my heating.

No comments: