Monday, November 13, 2017

I hear that Toilet water is just as tasty...Hey, I'm easy to please.

Why do I feel I am easy to please? Well, because I do.
Five years ago, I purchased a water fountain so that my cats, Tom and Jerry could have fresh water to drink. I had a non-electric water fountain, with a two quart reservoir. The water in that device lasted quite a few days, but it had no filter, and Jerry, I have no idea what goes through that cat’s mind, would scoop up, in his paw, cat food and drop it into the water bowl. So, I had to clean it more often than not.

 Anyway, I got that water fountain working and Jerry loved it. Tom, on the other hand, about 10 years ago I took a 30 day drive across the country and back. My sister was kind enough to spend those days, staying at my house watching over everything and feeding the cats. For whatever reason, when I got back home, I noticed that Tom was drinking out of the toilet. I asked my sister what happened and she just shrugged her shoulders and said, “…water is water.”

A few months ago the pump on the water fountain died. From time to time, I would clean the crud from around the vents to keep the pump running. (I was watching a YouTube video the other day and found out that I could have taken the pump completely apart to clean it out. I wish I knew that then). That is probably the reason why it died, not cleaned enough and its little heart (pump) couldn’t take it.

What I didn’t like about the cat water fountain, Jerry would stick his head under the flowing water and get his head nice and wet. Then he would come and sit on my lap. Nice. Now, with the water not flowing anymore, Jerry continued to drink from it but I would have to clean it more often because it seemed like the water looked grittier than normal. Plus, it had a ton of food and cat hair in it.

Earlier on, I had checked the internet for a business that sold the pump. At the time, I went to Amazon to check. They had a ton of pumps but none that would fit my particular cat water fountain. I didn’t manage to find a site in England. So, I kind of gave up. I felt as long as Jerry was drinking water I was happy. I noticed, a week or so ago, I had closed the toilet lid and forgotten to open it and saw Tom drinking from the cat fountain. But as soon as I opened the toilet lid, he was back. Old 
habits, apparently, never die.

This past week I tried again looking for a pump. I figured that it would totally cheaper to get a pump than buying a new water fountain, considering, that when I purchased the water fountain the price was over $50! It helped that I had had a few gift cards to bring the price down. Now, that same fountain sells for $44. At Amazon, I found the pump that works for that particular fountain, but of course, it was currently unavailable. And there was another pump but reviewers were saying that they had to jury-rig the pump so that it would fit and work.

I thought what the heck and decided to go with the company that had one. I hate to buy from companies that I have never done business with. But heck, for $14, plus shipping and handling…I needed that pump. Unlike anything from Amazon, I was told that it would take 10 to 15 days to get to me. I could wait. But, I was surprised that it only 4 days to get to me…surprise!


Anyhow, the pump is running and water is flowing. Jerry is still sticking his head under the flow and Tom is still drinking out of the toilet. Me, on the other hand, I felt like something wonderful was accomplished. Walked around with my head held high, my chest sticking out, and both thumbs up! Feeling proud that the Cat water fountain was working. Yes, I am easy to please…as long as my cats are pleased and happy, or at least one of them is.

No comments: