Thursday, February 03, 2011

Movie Night


Today is February 3, 2011 and there are 13 more days until my birthday. But that isn’t why I am writing today, I am also a movie buff. I love quite a few different genres of movies. Well, not in the sense of those I have seen who have thousands and thousands of movies in their collection or have memorized every word or scene of a movie. No, that’s not me, close but no cigar.

But I do have a bunch of movies; I am guessing about 200 DVDs and 400 or so Video tapes, and now, 10 Blu-Ray discs. I love Dramas, Adventure and my Favorite, Science Fiction! I have quite a few based in science fiction. But I welcome all movies. And with my new 55 inch HDTV and new Blu-Ray player watching movies are a dream. Not going get a 3D TV any time soon, though, even though the Blu-Ray player is 3D ready.

Today was one of those days where I felt I didn’t want to do much of anything. It was either take a long nap or watch a movie. I did end up taking a nap earlier, but that was during the news. I wanted to be awake to watch Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, later tonight. Thanks goodness the Pistons or the Red Wings are not playing tonight, or for that matter Michigan State or Michigan. Heck, the Pistons lost last night anyway.

Anyway, I decided to pop in The Green Mile. I hadn’t watched in a long time, even though I have on tape, I recently brought in on DVD. So, I am talking about quite a few years, since I saw the movie. I think it is one of my all time great movies to watch. I have a bunch of great movies, in fact all of those I have are great, and that’s why I brought them.

But, the Green Mile is special. It is one of the only movies that I get tears in my eyes. I feel for the character, played by Michael Clark Duncan. It gets me every time. One of the things I think of when I watch that movie, “Why can’t I write like that?”

I guess I gotta stop taking days off from my writing and get to stepping! Cuz, I will never write like Stephen King, (I don’t want to be like him or write like him, I want my own words to stand up for themselves) if I don’t write. I won’t forget that tomorrow, and I have a bunch to write before I go to bed tonight. Write on!

No comments: