Monday, February 13, 2017

20 words that once meant something very different...

I got into an innocuous spat with a friend on Facebook today over the use of a word. I remember hearing this word back in the 50s or 60s. The word was "Crone". As I remember it was, as I looked up in the dictionary, way back when, had something to do with the witch in "Snow White".

Anyway, my Facebook Friend introduced me to a book, "The Crone: Women of  Age, Wisdom, and Power," and stated, "The wisdom and value of older women is often marginalized in Western Culture." And that makes total sense.

I read, or I saw it on YouTube, recently, Words that had their meaning changed over many millennia. I found it interesting as I found this and many other views on how and why words were changed.

20 words that once meant something very different |:



'via Blog this'

No comments: