Saturday, May 18, 2013

Helping our Youth Find Their Voice



Created by Stephanie Bryan on May 16, 2013
I Am Who I Am is the name of the company. I am starting a non-profit for youth in the DC, MD, and VA area. I Am Who I Am provides mentoring programs for middle and high school youth in the DMV area. The program will form partnerships with local school districts and the juvenile court system. I Am Who I Am's goal is to foster a commitment to young teens that will promote self-esteem, build strong interpersonal skills, finding their inner voice, and reassert a sense of hope in the future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of individual responsibility be reestablished that will give youth the commitment to follow through on a path to adulthood with a sense of pride and accomplishment. But first they need to find that inner voice that has been lost. Through repeated failures in the classroom or home and the development of destructive habits, at-risk young teens have lost faith in the possibilities that await them if they are successful in putting their lives together. To accomplish this goal, young teens must be in a caring, loving, and inclusive learning environment that promotes their best effort and reinforces personal respect on how they view themselves and life. They need to know they are valued, respected, believed, and know that someone is in their corner. WE are teachers, speakers, mentors, and most of all FRIENDS. I do this out of my own pocket, it is getting expensive, and our youth are dying. I am a doctorate student and hopefully will graduate this year. Any donation you can do will help reach our youth. I thank you in advance, and God bless.
 
 

No comments: