Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No time to fail...


I got this note today from a site I applied for. I used a few of my articles that were published on another site:

Regarding the clarity of your writing: I see what the writer was trying to express, but I'm still a little confused.

Regarding the flow of your prose: The thoughts linked together, with one or two notable exceptions.

Regarding the extent to which you kept the reader engaged: The subject was interesting and informative, but my focus still wandered.

Unfortunately, we're not able to reverse this decision. However, you are welcome to apply to other specialties...

That was disheartening, and I guess, a fail on my part. I know I am kind of rusty. Writing was a passion, many years ago. Now a must, I do have to figure out how to get back that passion. I would love to say I don't know what I am going to do, but that's not my way. But, I must figure out something and implement it as soon as possible.

I just read a book on how to make my prose more colorful (my word). And I guess I'd better re-read it, because I am missing something. In fact I have downloaded quite a few books, on the subject of writing, the last few months. Sometimes I feel that reading that much takes away from my writing. But, I have to get this done.
This shouldn't be hard, it wasn't, once upon a time, a long time ago. But, times have changed. I guess I'd better get off my butt, from in front of the TV and get back on my butt, in front of this computer and start writing and reading.

No comments: