Monday, October 17, 2011


            Today is October 17, 2011 and I guess autumn is here to stay, well, at least until December 21st. It was 43 degrees this morning, and even though I had my window open all night I was as snug as a bug in a rug. I had taken my down blanket out and have been using it for the past week. I decided that I am not going to turn on the heat until it gets cold. Well, the heat is on, but it has been staying warm enough, in the house, so that the heat really doesn’t have a chance to come on.
            I kind of have been feeling under the weather for the last three weeks or so. I can down with, maybe, an URI. I went to Urgent Care two weeks ago got some meds and felt better after about a week. I went and played racquetball, but I couldn’t really catch my breath. I had a whole lot of energy, but no breath. Lost all my games that day, but I played hard.
            Now, my throat just hurt, more like scratchy. I got my cough syrup and cough drops and I am ready to go. Gotta play racquetball tomorrow, I just hope I can breathe. And to top it off I haven’t been to the gym in about four weeks. I want to go back and probably will this coming Wednesday. I just feel weird all around, because of not working out.
Anyway, speaking of weird, I have been meaning to write all the weird stuff I have seen or gone though, the past two week down but haven’t done so, for some mysterious reason. So, here it is as I have remembered.
            Anyway, I had to go to the supermarket and get some supplies; it looks to be a long winter for me. I decided to get some cereal and noticed that the store had a 2 for sale. I walked in the aisle and noticed three little kids and their father doing the cereal thing. They had on T-shirts and shorts.
            But that’s not the weird thing. In the aisle was a woman, looking at the cereal boxes. I had to stop and look at her for a moment because she had a winter coat on, a large, long and thick red scarf and a thick red wool cap on. The scarf was covering her mouth and nose and you could only see her eyes.
            I wanted to say something but I just looked at her. Besides she was in the spot where my favorite cereal was located. I saw something else, a little beyond her and went and got it. As I went back to my cart the lady pulled her scarf from her face and asked me if I could reach the only and last box of cereal, of her choice, on the shelf.
            I agreed and got it for her, but it was what I liked too. So, I told her, kidding of course, that I was taking it. She kind of laughed and I handed to her. But, I had to ask anyway…I said to her, “Is it that cold in the store?”
            She kind of giggled and said, “I can’t breathe the air outside.”
I responded, “Okay, then why are you outside?” She pulled her scarf back up over her face and walked away.
I also started bowling about six ago. Anyway, this past Sunday, and I gotta figure out what the heck I am doing or my team mates are going to kick me off the team before I quit. I bowled a 139, first game, 168 the second game and a 161 the last game. I am getting frustrated to no means end. I gotta get focused. Now if I can remember what I did that week so I can bowl better this next Sunday. And to top it off, I still couldn’t catch my breath.
Other than that, only one other weird thing happened last week, well, not really weird. But it is becoming more common as it gets colder, as I sat on my bed, to put my socks on so I could go out and get my mail, I looked out the window at the lake across the street and I saw a bunch of deer.
They stopped, in the opening, and looked around for a few seconds…where is my camera when I needed it, or for that matter, my cell phone camera. They were gone a few seconds later. I gotta remember to keep that phone with me. When I first moved into my house I saw deer, maybe three of them, in my backyard. And in the last couple of months, as I run I have seen them along the lake. Maybe I should carry my camera with me when I run. Oh well…

No comments: